Community Representative Group
Purpose and Vision
City East Alliance recently formed a Community Representative Group (CRG) for the upgrade of Great Eastern Highway.
The CRG provides an interactive forum to share information and consider community issues relating to the design and construction of this major infrastructure project.
Role of the Community Representative Group
The CRG is an advisory body that will work collaboratively with City East Alliance to:
- identify and discuss project matters and potential issues
- help to resolve emerging issues or community concerns
- communicate project matters to and from relevant community and stakeholder groups
- provide feedback and community input on proposals developed by the Alliance
- help achieve outcomes that benefit the project, stakeholders and the local community
The CRG comprises 30 members of the local community and stakeholder organisations who are interested in or affected by the upgrade of Great Eastern Highway.
Membership is voluntary and representatives were selected based on their capacity to demonstrate the following criteria:
- understanding of and capacity to voice the issues, concerns and views of the community
- capacity and willingness to act as a conduit between the Alliance and the local community/stakeholder organisations
- availability to attend regular evening meetings at a local venue